Do we need a Compulsory COVID-19 Vaccination?
Munhee Jeon1, Jongsung Oh2 and Ki-Yeob Jeon3*
1Department of Surgery, Presbyterian Medical Center-Jesus Hospital, Jeonju, 54987, the Republic of Korea
2Department of Orthopedics, Jeonbuk National University Hospital, JBNU, 54907, the Republic of Korea
3Hopkins Jeonil Internal Medicine Clinic, Song-cheon-Joong-ang-Ro 154, 54836, the Republic of Korea
*Address for Correspondence: Ki-Yeob Jeon, Hopkins Jeonil Internal Medicine Clinic, Jeonju, 54836, the Republic of Korea (South Korea), Tel: +82-107-701-5621; E-mail: email@example.com
Submitted: 26 February 2021; Approved: 03 March 2021; Published: 03 March 2021
Citation this article: Jeon M, Jongsung Oh, Jeon KY. Do we need a Compulsory COVID-19 Vaccination? American J Epidemiol Public Health. 2021 March 04;5(1): 032-035. doi: 10.37871/ajeph.id46
Copyright: © 2021 Jeon M, et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited
Keywords: COVID-19 vaccine; Hydroxychloroquine; Ivermectin; Health passport; Protective immunity
Survey showed about 39% of persons would not get a COVID-19 vaccine because of various reasons: of skeptical about the Warp Speed of the vaccine manufacture; of possible health risks such as allergy; of not wanting to have a COVID-19 vaccination; or of scientific-based decisions . Compulsory COVID-19 vaccinations can be a hot issue in this sense not only in the civilian society-nearly 30% of healthcare workers and most of NBA players turned down the COVID-19 vaccinations-but also in the government spheres, and even in the military areas-about one-third of U.S. soldiers opted out of the COVID-19 vaccinations .
European Parliament passed the Resolution 2361 on January 2021 regarding the ethical, legal and practical aspects of COVID-19 vaccines and decided that the COVID-19 vaccination should neither be mandatory as booked in the Clause 7.3.1. of the Resolution 2361 nor be discriminatory against for not having been COVID-19 vaccinated as recorded in the Clause 7.3.2 . Even in a notable democratic liberal state-New York, employers should prove “significant difficulty or expense” to overcome or deny an employee’s religious observance .
There are strong waves to enforce COVID-19 vaccinations and digital health passports in using public facilities including hotels, sports centers, libraries, markets, schools, mass transporting systems, and in crossing international borders . But antipathy to compulsory COVID-19 vaccinations and digital health passports, and also anti-coerced COVID-19 vaccination movements are strong enough to hold many demonstrations worldwide, and in this sense, at least several things must be addressed before the implementation of mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations and COVID-19 vaccine passport: first, upholding human rights and protecting privacy data; second, guaranteeing of absence of SARS-CoV-2 transmission by COVID-19 vaccinations and/or by digital health passports; third, establishing a system to compensate and support victims of COVID-19 vaccinations-disabilities, disastrous injuries such as Monsterism which occurred in 0.02% of the vaccines , Bell’s palsy, transverse myelitis, miscarriages or pre-term births, thrombocytopenia, heart attacks, or cerebral strokes , financial losses, PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)s, and deaths; fourth, protecting and not discriminating against COVID-19 non-vaccinees of religious belief or of physical conditions; fifth, providing non-pharmacologic & pharmacologic prevention and treatment methods in every COVID-19-damaged country to replace or minimize the mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations and supporting the preexisting human immunities which are existing even before the COVID-19 vaccinations as reported in Singapore (51.4%) , Germany (81%) , and South Korea (60%) ; sixth, clarifying the constituents of COVID-19 vaccines is necessary because there were reports that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg commented that the COVID-19 vaccines might change human DNA and RNA , that Anthony Fauci challenged that vaccines using replication-defective adenovirus vectors might increase HIV infection , that some COVID-19 vaccines might cause infertility in women , and that cadmium, which would be a core-portion of a semi-conductor quantum dot which can be connected to 5G Wi-Fi, was found in a vaccine and COVID-19 vaccines also need to be tested to see if they have any metals, which are unnecessary for the function of a typical vaccine ; and seventh, doing animal tests to explore the long-term effects, pathophysiologic effects, genetic effects of the COVID-19 vaccines and to find treatment methods for sequelae of the COVID-19 vaccinations because, of note, all Warp Speed COVID-19 vaccines did not have long-term animal studies and were permitted for Emergency Use only.
In summary, a survey showed about 39% of persons would not get a COVID-19 vaccine. As there are strong waves to enforce COVID-19 vaccinations and digital health passports so do strong anti-coerced COVID-19 vaccination movements. Lots of controversies regarding the compulsory COVID-19 vaccines and related things were summarized in table 1 into four different spheres. There is a better alternate to COVID-19 vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19, which is Corona prevention cocktail and/or Ivermectin. Relative risk reduction, Absolute risk reduction, and Number needed to treat of current four Warp Speed COVID-19 vaccines were introduced in table 2.
- Cary Funk, Alec Tyson. Pew Research Center. Intent to Get a COVID-19 Vaccine Rises to 60% as Confidence in Research and Development Process Increases. https://pewrsr.ch/388eYOy
- Children’s Health Defense Team. One-Third of Deaths Reported to CDC After COVID Vaccines Occurred Within 48 Hours of Vaccination. February 19, 20201. One-Third of Deaths Reported to CDC After COVID Vaccines Occurred Within 48 Hours of Vaccination • Children's Health Defense.
- European Parliamentary Assembly. Committee on Social Affairs, Health and Sustainable Development. COVID-19 vaccines: Ethical, legal and practical considerations. January 27, 2021. https://bit.ly/3bet1nk
- Debbie Kaminer. Can an employee object to mandatory COVID-19 vaccines on religious grounds? February 4, 2021. Baruch College, CUNY. Can an employee object to mandatory COVID-19 vaccines on religious grounds? (theconversation.com)
- Umberto Bacchi. Digital tools to certify immunity from COVID-19 could help ease lockdowns, but raise equality and privacy concerns. Thomson Reuters Foundation. February 17, 2021. Coronavirus vaccine passports: What you need to know (trust.org)
- Real Raw News. Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine Causes “Monsterism”. December 30, 2020. https://bit.ly/30aXNHx
- Le Bert N, Tan AT, Kunasegaran K, Tham CYL, Hafezi M, Chia A, Chng MHY, Lin M, Tan N, Linster M, Chia WN, Chen MI, Wang LF, Ooi EE, Kalimuddin S, Tambyah PA, Low JG, Tan YJ, Bertoletti A. SARS-CoV-2-specific T cell immunity in cases of COVID-19 and SARS, and uninfected controls. Nature. 2020 Aug;584(7821):457-462. doi: 10.1038/s41586-020-2550-z. Epub 2020 Jul 15. PMID: 32668444.
- Annika Nelde, et al. SARS-COV-2 T-cell epitopes define heterologuous and COVID-19-induced T-cell recognition. Research Square. June 16, 2020. doi: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-35331/v1
- Kim SI, Noh J, Kim S, Choi Y, Yoo DK, Lee Y, Lee H, Jung J, Kang CK, Song KH, Choe PG, Kim HB, Kim ES, Kim NJ, Seong MW, Park WB, Oh MD, Kwon S, Chung J. Stereotypic neutralizing VH antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 spike protein receptor binding domain in patients with COVID-19 and healthy individuals. Sci Transl Med. 2021 Jan 27;13(578):eabd6990. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.abd6990. Epub 2021 Jan 4. PMID: 33397677; PMCID: PMC7875332.
- Zachary Stieber. The Epoch Times. Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Expresses Concern about COVID-19 Vaccines in Leaked Footage. February 17, 2021. Facebook CEO Zuckerberg Expresses Concern About COVID-19 Vaccines in Leaked Footage (theepochtimes.com)
- Anthony S. Fauci, Mary A. Marovich, Carl W. Dieffenbach, et al. Immune Activation with HIV Vaccines. Science 2014 Apr;344(6179):49-51. doi: 10.1126/science.1250672
- Children’s Health Defense Team. Health Officials Push Pregnant Women to Get COVID Shots, Despite Known Risks. Feb 23, 2021. Health Officials Push Pregnant Women to Get COVID Shots, Despite Known Risks • Children's Health Defense or KCENNEWS. Could the COVID-19 vaccine cause infertility? December 9, 2020. https://bit.ly/2Ppgh4U
- Jeon M, Oh J, Jang KY, Jeon KY. A Pilot Study: Metal-Induced Immunotoxicity and Deaths of the 100 Vaccinees in the Republic of Korea for 2 Months of 2020 Flu Vaccination. American J Epidemiol Public Health. 2021 Feb 01;5(1): 014-021. doi: 10.37871/ajeph.id43
- Polack FP, Thomas SJ, Kitchin N, Absalon J, Gurtman A, Lockhart S, Perez JL, Pérez Marc G, Moreira ED, Zerbini C, Bailey R, Swanson KA, Roychoudhury S, Koury K, Li P, Kalina WV, Cooper D, Frenck RW Jr, Hammitt LL, Türeci Ö, Nell H, Schaefer A, Ünal S, Tresnan DB, Mather S, Dormitzer PR, Şahin U, Jansen KU, Gruber WC; C4591001 Clinical Trial Group. Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2020 Dec 31;383(27):2603-2615. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2034577. Epub 2020 Dec 10. PMID: 33301246; PMCID: PMC7745181.
- Baden LR, El Sahly HM, Essink B, Kotloff K, Frey S, Novak R, Diemert D, Spector SA, Rouphael N, Creech CB, McGettigan J, Khetan S, Segall N, Solis J, Brosz A, Fierro C, Schwartz H, Neuzil K, Corey L, Gilbert P, Janes H, Follmann D, Marovich M, Mascola J, Polakowski L, Ledgerwood J, Graham BS, Bennett H, Pajon R, Knightly C, Leav B, Deng W, Zhou H, Han S, Ivarsson M, Miller J, Zaks T; COVE Study Group. Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2021 Feb 4;384(5):403-416. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2035389. Epub 2020 Dec 30. PMID: 33378609; PMCID: PMC7787219.
- Sadoff J, Le Gars M, Shukarev G, Heerwegh D, Truyers C, de Groot AM, Stoop J, Tete S, Van Damme W, Leroux-Roels I, Berghmans PJ, Kimmel M, Van Damme P, de Hoon J, Smith W, Stephenson KE, De Rosa SC, Cohen KW, McElrath MJ, Cormier E, Scheper G, Barouch DH, Hendriks J, Struyf F, Douoguih M, Van Hoof J, Schuitemaker H. Interim Results of a Phase 1-2a Trial of Ad26.COV2.S Covid-19 Vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2021 Jan 13:NEJMoa2034201. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2034201. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33440088; PMCID: PMC7821985.
- Merryn Voysey, Sue Ann Costa Clemens, Shabir A Madhi, Lily Y Weckx, Pedro M Folegatti, Parvinder K Aley, et al. Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK. The Lancet. 2021 Jan;397:99-111. Doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32661-1
- Molly Walker, MedPage Today. ACIP: No Rise in Anaphylaxis Rates After COVID Vax-In fact, events with Pfizer vaccine "down substantially," CDC researcher says. January 27, 2021. https://bit.ly/3kKWGHS
- Jongsung Oh, Jeon M, Jeon KY. COVID-19 Vaccination would be more Hazardous than Disease itself in 30 Out of 58 Countries. American J Epidemiol Public Health. 2021 Feb 18;5(1):026-031. doi: 10.37871/ajeph.id45.
- Peter Doshi. Thebmjopinion. Clarification: Pfizer and Moderna’s “95% effective” vaccines-we need more details and the raw data. February 5, 2021. https://bit.ly/2MLuDvF
- Fauci AS, Lane HC, Redfield RR. Covid-19 - Navigating the Uncharted. N Engl J Med. 2020 Mar 26;382(13):1268-1269. doi: 10.1056/NEJMe2002387. Epub 2020 Feb 28. PMID: 32109011; PMCID: PMC7121221.
- Foley KE. Will the Covid-19 vaccine work on the new variants? Quartz. January 25, 2021. Will the Covid-19 vaccine work on new strains of the virus?-Quartz (qz.com).
- WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05. 20 January 2021 Medical product alert Geneva. https://bit.ly/2PyRews
- Jeon KY. A Scientific and Easy-to-Understand Guideline for the Prevention and Early Treatment of COVID-19. American J Epidemiol Public Health. 2020;4(3):075-080. doi: 10.37871/ajeph.id34
- Rajter JC, Sherman MS, Fatteh N, Vogel F, Sacks J, Rajter JJ. Use of Ivermectin Is Associated With Lower Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019: The Ivermectin in COVID Nineteen Study. Chest. 2021 Jan;159(1):85-92. doi: 10.1016/j.chest.2020.10.009. Epub 2020 Oct 13. PMID: 33065103; PMCID: PMC7550891.
- Yucatan Times. February 10, 2021. Meet EXO-CD24, the Israeli-made drug 95% effective against Covid-19. https://bit.ly/3kHsJsm
- Ilie PC, Stefanescu S, Smith L. The role of vitamin D in the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 infection and mortality. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2020 Jul;32(7):1195-1198. doi: 10.1007/s40520-020-01570-8. Epub 2020 May 6. PMID: 32377965; PMCID: PMC7202265.
- Arentz S, Hunter J, Yang G, Goldenberg J, Beardsley J, et al. Zinc for the prevention and treatment of SARS-CoV-2 and other acute viral respiratory infections: a rapid review. Adv Integr Med. 2020 Dec;7(4):252-260. doi: 10.1016/j.aimed.2020.07.009. Epub 2020 Aug 1. PMID: 32837895; PMCID: PMC7395818.
- Covid Analysis. HCQ is effective for COVID-19 when used early: Analysis of 121 studies. October 20, 2020 (Version 4, October 24, 2020). https://bit.ly/30hxmzP
- Priyamadhaba Behera, Binod Kumar Patro, Arvind Kumar Singh, Pradnya Dilip Chandanshive, Ravi Kumar SR, Somen Kumar Pradhan, Siva Santosh Kumar Pentapati, Gitanjali Batmanabane, Biswa Mohan Padhy, Shakti Bal, Sudipta Ranjan Singh, Rashmi Ranjan Mohanty. Role of ivermectin in the prevention of COVID-19 infection among healthcare workers in India: A matched case-control study. November 3, 2020. medRxiv. doi: 10.1101/2020.10.29.20222661